Weather Risks: The link between extreme weather events and insured losses
The speculative linkages between extreme weather events and climate change range from possible and plausible to misleading. The media plays a critical role in how we perceive extreme weather events and there is a lot to understand when it comes to answering the question, is the weather is getting worse?
Alliant and Andrew Siffert, Vice President and Senior Meteorologist, BMS, walk through the hard facts and trends around various weather perils and the impact in terms of future losses.
- How do you perceive weather risk?
- The nuances of weather observations
- Current trends with U.S. hurricane, severe weather and flood risk at a U.S level
- Has the insurance industry already experienced detectable trends in these perils?
- Positive signs to watch for
For more information or additional questions, complete the form below and we will get back to you shortly: